Sunday 1 February 2009

Quite a lot of white stuff and bloody beef!




Boy what a snow blizzard and a half on my way back from West London! The last leg of my journey includes a fairly steep hill, trying to drive up it was great fun (not). Everyone was driving at a snails pace, cars sliding all over the place. Coming down was even hairier, with the police arriving and keeping an eye on all traffic.  

I'd been staying with a handsome man for the weekend and earlier he took me out for Sunday lunch to a place called the North Pole on North Pole Road in White City. 

We both ordered the traditional roast beef and he asked if it would be possible for his to be cooked medium to well, the waitress said she'd enquire. Clearly she didn't bother because when our dinner did arrive she promptly served him beef that was medium/rare! Not a good start!

I was roughly half way through eating when he asked me if I was enjoying my meal. Knowing him well enough I didn't have to beat around the bush! 

The beef was sliced too thickly (making it difficult to cut) it was also rather chewy and didn't have much flavour either. The roast potatoes were crisp on the outside but mush on the inside and the cauliflower and broccoli were undercooked. 

Needless to say I couldn't finish my meal (which is highly unusual for me!). To be fair I did enjoy the carrots, the glaze made them quite sweet,  but still a push to give it 5/10 though! 

Under normal circumstances we would have complained, but on this occasion that wasn't possible. My friend had had an open invitation from the owner to visit anytime and also the manager, who was actually running the place this particular lunchtime, was such a nice guy we didn't have the heart. 

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment